Saturday, September 7, 2013

The two star hotel

In Vienna we had a hotel which was a little ways from the city center. For this reason, it was a nice hotel for a reasonable price. Here in Budapest we went for location in the city center meaning the "reasonable price" gets you a two star hotel. It's safe, and kinda atmospheric as it is in an historic old building which is neat, but I swear the bed vibrates when a subway passes under the building which is every few minutes, weird feeling. Also the bed has a futon mattress and the room comes with a floor fan, not A.C. The location, however is excellent, walking distance to lots of interesting places. The first night at the well reviewed and rated Nightingale hotel was when I realized that the mattress was resting directly on slats. Shortly after lying down I became acutely aware of the slats. Eventually I folded the "mattress " in half in a hot dog fold and was able to sleep. Last night I tried the taco fold because I had been a little tense in anticipation of rolling off on to the slats and getting a rude wake up while sleeping on the hot dog fold! Now I have changed lodging and have a nice comfy bed for the next two nights in Budapest.



The taco fold left my feet dangling a bit but at least I couldn't feel the slats. My new place has wonderful AC too instead of a fan.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Budapest, Hungary

No comments:

Post a Comment