Friday, September 6, 2013

Butterflies and ponies

The Lipizzaner stallions have a practice session most days so we paid our ten euro and went in for a look see. They don't allow any photos, but you can take my word for it, the arena was cool with three huge crystal chandeliers. Classical music was playing as the horses were brought out 5 at a time to practice their tricks. I have never seen such beautiful horses, so shiny and with their manes and tails all done up in different styles.
It was really a sight to see! Picture below is a rip from the web since they wouldn't let us take pictures.



Next we stopped in at the butterfly house where they had some huge butterflies and moths.


Then we walked to St. Stephen's Cathedral and on to the Danube river, at least I think it was the Danube. It was smaller than I had imagined and also not blue.


This is a picture of the Mozart candy store just for Janet!


My room at the Star Inn in Vienna was a far cry from those hostels I stayed in. I am so spoiled I might never go back.


Here's the view out the window. There is the super convenient metro stop right across the street. Their metro system in Vienna is the best. So clean, efficient, and convenient. If only we had something like it in Austin, life would be so different.


There is a huge amusement park just across the river so we decided to go check it out. They had lots of rides I had never seen!










Unfortunately my pics did not come out so well, probably the wrong setting. It was a fun and interesting last night in Vienna. Onward to Budapest!

Location:Vienna, Austria

No comments:

Post a Comment