Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Getting High, Getting Clean

Barb and I have been getting high everyday since we have been in Lisbon.
Watch here and you will feel like you were right there with us!




Well, I made a video of me climbing alllll the stairs to get up to our apt. But apparently it was too long and never would upload. As a result I never actually published this post. So even though it is like a week old and we are not in Lisbon anymore, I decided to go ahead with it. It has been a slow blog day today since it has been raining and there is very little to report here at the beach. I ate chicken piri piri and that was pretty much the highlight. It was HOT and very spicy! I also swam in the indoor pool. Rain at the beach can be kinda boring. So back to the blog entry from last week.....

This is a street view of our apartment. See the little blue towel on the clothesline at the top? That's us!


We are on the fourth floor. It appears from the photo that we might be on the fifth floor but, you should be informed that in Europe the floors are named differently. What we know as the first floor is called the ground floor here and you go up from there. So anyway, this is helpful to know when asking where the restrooms are in large department stores. Especially if you have to go bad.
The good news is that all those stairs mean we can eat lots of yummy cookies from the store called "Pingo" where we get our groceries. They have got the yummiest cookies and pastries here, however nothing near as good as my daughter's cupcakes. : ) Sorry, but I have recently discovered how to use some of the HTML functions on this blog app and can't resist.
On another seemingly related topic. I found these instructions on how to get clean and thought you might be interested. I believe it could be the most informative poster on the topic I have ever seen and I don't speak portuguese. I was a teacher of Health for a couple of decades so I should know.



Sadly, no tips on opening the bathroom door after all that effort to sanitize.

Finally, since we are talking about signs and also reaching out for help when you need it, here is another sign at a phone booth on the street. Maybe you need a ride home?



If you click on this picture to make it bigger you might be able to read that the call costs are to places like Angola, Mozambique, and Cape Verde. This is because these places used to be colonies of Portugal and now large numbers of people from these places have immigrated to Portugal. The history of Portugal is so rich and varied. I am constantly awed the more I learn about it.

Location:Lisbon

No comments:

Post a Comment