Sunday, November 13, 2011

Tapas I have known

I understand why they eat tapas here. They don't eat dinner until 10 o'clock and you need something to tide you over til then. The good thing about tapas for a solo traveller is that you just order them from the counter and then eat them standing at a counter or out on the street even. I go to the super crowded places with people spilling out the door. The messier the better. Seriously, there are usually used napkins all over the floor/ground and maybe a random dog wandering around looking for dropped stuff.

You may have to enlarge this picture to see what I mean. There were actually two dogs.



Some of the tapas I ordered just because they were the local specialty. I did not and still don't know what they were made of. This is a prime example called salmorejo. That is chopped bacon and eggs on top. The rest was a kind of like a cold thick soup/puree of something. It was good.




Next there was gambas with pisto, or boiled shrimp with course ground salt and pisto-sorry no idea- but it went good with the shrimp and that's what all the locals were eating


soooo.

Here we have actual street food as in sitting on the sidewalk eating something that resembled a slab of pound cake but was actually slices of potatoes surrounded with egg mixture served with a bread stick.


Tomorrow I am going on a tapas crawl with the hostel folks so maybe I will be more knowledgable about what I am eating. Just to make it interesting I ate Turkish food for dinner. falafel balls and chapatis! Yum!

Location:Cordoba, Spain

No comments:

Post a Comment