Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Beauty

A shop selling lamps caught my eye. I wanted to buy them all.


The snow capped peaks behind the Alhambra, well, it is just ethereal.



The Alhambra lived up to my expectations. The light was especially wonderful and the fall colors made it so unique. Some of these pictures really surprised me at how well they turned out.



I used an HD setting on this one. It looks like a painting. Seriously, I can't believe I got this shot. It is awesome!


Ceiling details in carved plaster.


The old quarter of the city.


A persimmon tree loaded with fruit.


Persimmons with raindrops.


An huge round courtyard in the middle of a square building.


The modest site Queen Isabella of Spain chose for her burial. Unfortunately her grandson had her moved to the cathedral. I thought it was a very peaceful spot that said a lot about a very powerful woman.


The garden leading to the courtyard above.I think the yellow trees are all pomegranates which are the symbol of Granada.








The pleasure palace off to the side of the main palace.























I had a great day at the Alhambra. A dream come true for me.



Location:Granada, Spain

No comments:

Post a Comment