Thursday, May 8, 2014

Another day in Warsaw

Women my age seem to have quite a bit more latitude in hair color over here in Poland. I'm wondering if I could get away with it. What do you think?


An alley popular with photographers is designed to look old.


St Anne's church is the location of an organ concert we attended. .


The churches here are not just tourist stops. The Polish people are very devout Catholics and Pope John Paul's picture is everywhere. They really loved him.


This guy dressed up like Chopin, who was also a favorite son of Warsaw, and gave a great performance of classical organ music.


Here is a shot of the huge organ which he said has 32 "voices".


There were three artists working in different parts of the church. They seemed to be refreshing the paint.


The murals were beautiful and made me want to learn more about Saint Ann. From what I gather she was the mother of Mary and grandmother of Jesus and is the patron saint of grandparents. I like her!


Hopefully this short movie of the concert will play.

YouTube Video

Now it's on to Lithuania!

Location:Warsaw

No comments:

Post a Comment