Thursday, October 20, 2011

This and that plus the beach

There are beaches just a forty minute train ride from Lisbon. Yesterday we visited Cascais. It was so pleasant to have the fresh ocean breezes and the quiet. I did not miss the street noise or the bus fumes of the big city.






Not sure what the fisherman were after with all the cages. Octopi? There was def some serious fishing going on!



The Atlantic was so blue and clear. I think it was pretty chilly, though. I should have scampered down and at least dipped in a toe!


There was also a beautiful park nearby with a lovely historic villa to tour. It was the only historic mansion I have toured in the last seven weeks that I would actually like to live in. Turns out I love moorish architecture. the chandeliers also rocked my world. Barb came up with the idea for this shot, from the bottom up, of my fav chandelier. See the whole thing in the next pic.






That's red silk damask on the walls with very ornate tiles on the lower half of the walls and bordering the ceiling. In the corner is a giant pipe organ.

There were some big trees in the garden. These palms were giant!



Of course Barb and Janet could not resist climbing some trees.


Roosters were roaming around and I got this great shot. Hey, is anybody still reading this far into the blog? I know you were all waiting for a pic like this. Who will be the first to post on my Facebook that they actually saw the rooster? I wonder.


This marina shot is for my cousin. You know who you are.


That's all folks!

Location:Lisbon

No comments:

Post a Comment