Wednesday, October 26, 2011

It's raining on our parade

The plan was to go to the zoo first thing this morning. We both set our alarms and got up early, determined to get an early start. The weather had other ideas, however. It was a rainy, gusty, chilly day so here we sit. For my part I am researching sun drenched hostels on the southern coast of Spain. Seville, Cadiz, Granada and Malaga are calling me. Sounds like a plan!
I have been studying this map of bus and train prices (the first number is the price in Euro and the second number is how long it takes in hours) to visualize how it could work. Interesting, huh? I wonder if I will make it all the way to the Rock of Gibralter?



In light of the fact that today is so uneventful, I shall take this opportunity to tell you about yesterday which was only partly lightly showery. It was not enough to stop us from venturing out on foot but it did make for a very, very bad hair day so forgive this picture . Barb thought the shack looked picturesque. I just wanted to show off my new jeans.


This was actually a structure in the botanical garden of the University of Lisbon where we went for a look see. It was much better kept than the city botanical garden we saw. The poinsettia tree was awesome and kind of got me thinking about the holidays.









Apparently I did not take as many pic as I though there, so now I will tell you about the scenic lookout we passed on the way home. Beautiful, huh?



Note the river Tagus and the puffy clouds.



Castle St George on the hill is about a thousand years old I think.


All in all, it was a great day strolling around the town so I guess I can't complain too much about the cold front today. Saturday we are taking off for a week in the Algarve region of southern Portugal. Since it is off off season we found a good deal at a place right on the beach. It should be interesting to go from the big city with all the noise to the quiet sounds of the waves rolling in. We'll let you know.

Location:Lisbon

No comments:

Post a Comment