Thursday, October 20, 2011

Warning: Learning curve ahead

This post is intended to reveal some of the things we have had to adjust to in our new lifestyle.

Instant coffee will do if you don't have coffee maker. Add whip cream to make it work. The whole process is messy. What can I say.



If you were on a strict diet for 9 months just forget about it now.



Recycling reveals things about you. It's kind of embarrassing how much cereal Barb consumes.



It must be because the Portuguese are such great practical jokesters that they put the bathroom light switch OUTSIDE the bathroom. So easy to give someone the thrill of showering in the dark!





You can drown out the sound of the garbage truck right outside your window (comes everyday at midnight) with the accuradio app tuned up real loud. I am so glad I found a radio station that works on my iPad as most of them are flash based and don't work. Pandora and Netflix don't work here in Europe. I have learned to love iTunes podcasts and actually spent $10 to see the episodes of Modern Family I missed. It was totally worth it.


Prince Henry the Navigator was my hero for all of last week. Today I am switching over to Rick Steves. I have downloaded a beaucoup ( pronounced " boo-coo" as we used to say in Abilene) of his podcasts and am loving listening to them. The man is a genius. This is only part of my playlist and they were free!



Laundry tips:
translate the settings on machine.



Hang laundry on line outside window, being sure to put large bulky inconspicuous items like towels and sheets on the outside for street viewing while reserving your unmentionables for the line closest to window and shielded from prying eyes of men dining at the sidewalk cafe below. Attach items to line securely so that they do not fall to your neighbors' line below or on to some innocent diner's plate. You will note how our neighbor hangs her laundry according to these guidelines.



Lastly, regarding the learning curve as it relates to phones, well, there is not enough space on the Internet to cover that topic. I am still on that roller coaster ride. Barb always says it is good to "keep your brain cells popping". I think my brain needs a siesta.

Location:Lisbon

No comments:

Post a Comment