Thursday, October 13, 2011

Lisboa

My friend Barb got here on Sunday and we have had some time now to wander around and get an idea where we want to explore further. We are situated in a two bedroom apartment that comes with a washing machine and a clothesline! Yea! My personal favorite is the little mini fridge with freezer. No ice cube trays but I am making ice in plastic bags and enjoying having cracked ice in my drinks. It is a real luxury here. The weather has been unseasonably hot but it is probably only in the upper 80s so I can handle it. They say it should be raining but I guess we brought the drought with us.
We went on a double decker bus ride and saw some scenes. Here are some pics. More bus riding in store for today and maybe a couple of museums and a carafe of sangria!

YouTube Video




Looking out over the Tagus River.





The tile work is awesome.


Hills, hills, and more hills.





The guards outside the presidential palace.


Early evening on the Tagus river





Sunset



Location:Lisbon, Portugal

No comments:

Post a Comment