Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Florentina boat hotel

Experimenting here to see if I can get the blog up and running again. Fingers crossed!
Prague is an ancient and historic city. It has beautiful old buildings, cobblestone streets, and a language which is the most foreign I have ever encountered. The street names seem incomprehensible. It is a very tourist oriented city, however, so there are lots of signs with pictures to help you out. We rode the subway today and it was much easier than London or Paris.

I am staying in the Florentina Boat Hotel which is actually a river barge moored to a street side dock in the old part of town. The location is just about perfect. The view across the river is simply beautiful with the St. Vitus cathedral across the way and big white swans paddling by.




The other thing I love about this place is that the breakfast is included everyday and it is quite extensive. I eat a big breakfast and also make a small sandwich and get a piece of fruit for my lunch and I am good to go until the evening. They also have a restaurant that serves a different daily special everyday for seven euro which is not bad for three courses. Tonight it was beet soup with sour cream and pasta with capers and olives. Walnut ice cream with whip cream was the dessert. This is the beet soup below.



Here's the view from the dining room.this evening there were fireworks right across the river. Beautiful! Not sure what the occasion was!


All in all, I like my little,boat hotel!

Location:Prague, Czech Republic

No comments:

Post a Comment