Saturday, June 25, 2011

Walking on Sunshine



The last couple of days in Colorado have been just as lovely as I had imagined they would would be. Sunshine, when it is delivered with a cool breeze, is so awesome. On the advice of my relatives, I went to visit the Glen Eyrie estate. Indeed it was beautiful and I very much enjoyed seeing it. I would love to hike some of their trails. They looked so picturesque! Here are some pictures of the castle, the rock formations, and the meadow full of bighorn sheep.








A late afternoon drive through the Garden of the Gods is one of my favorite things. Gorgeous sights all around. I topped it off with a visit to the Trading Post which had a lot of the tourist stuff you would expect plus some more "artsy" stuff like flutes and rugs at the back.

I drove down to old town Colorado Springs through the backroads which is always interesting. A guy about my age was playing guitar on the sidewalk singing Neil Young songs. His female companion (also my age) was sitting nearby blowing kisses to the passersby. I remember when it was all the rage to move to Colorado back in the hippie days. Guess I know what happened to those people now. Long haired old guys are a dime a dozen.

I have enjoyed just looking out my window. This afternoon I was able to read a book while listening to the river rushing by and the trees blowing in the breeze. It was a special pleasure to observe the rain clouds move over Pikes Peak. Sometimes just being still, not rushing around to see things, let's you experience the really good stuff.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Colorado Springs, Colorado

No comments:

Post a Comment